Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 7

6 Decembre 2008
Day 7

One week complete. And let me apologize in advance, this is going to be a brief one. Tonight we were busy, 23 covers, none less than 3 courses, and for all intents and purposes, 1 cook, Carlo. I washed dishes, cooked some soups/pastas, and built a couple antipasti, but mostly washed dishes. We didn’t get out until after 11pm and of course, as any other Saturday night, we went to the bars. Kevin and I shared a bottle of wine at Vincaffe, and then each had a beer at CafĂ© Cavour. Doesn’t sound like much, but we were out until 3am, we had a great time, but I don’t see myself having too many of those nights any more. This morning, we had the party of 50, back at the hotel, and Chef Lorenzo came with us. He’s a pretty funny, animated guy, and knows quite a lot of English, which is great. Sarcastic, laid back, Chef’s an all around good guy. After we packed up and got back to the restaurant, tied up a few loose ends, I ended up staying at the restaurant for the entire day, again. After having expired my interest in the internet, I cooked some family meal; roasted chicken thighs, charred cherry tomatoes and lemon risotto. Not bad, should have deglazed the pan with the chicken and made a sauce though. This brings us to service, and in an bass-ackward way, I’ve given you an accelerated recourse of the day. I’ll try to be more thorough, or well, interesting tomorrow, but there just isn’t time at the moment.

Ciao Tutti,

Go Slow, Stay Local
Va Piano, Rimane Locale

No comments: